• Undergraduate application procedure

before you apply

  • general

    To make an application as an international student, you must:

    Hold a non-Chinese passport, or hold a Chinese-passport but have citizenship of another country and have lived abroad for a minimum of 2 years

  • qualifications

    Applicants must completed high school and attained a high school diploma.

    Applicants for undergraduate programs must be between 18 and 25 years old.

    Applicants must be in good health and have no criminal record.

  • language

    All candidates applying for a degree taught in Mandarin Chinese will need to submit evidence of proficiency in the language. We recognize the following qualifications as proof of proficiency:

    1) HSK Level 5 (new version, 2016 onwards)

    2) Education in an institution where Mandarin Chinese is the medium of teaching for a minimum of 3 years. This will require a certification of completion/transfer from the institution and a letter from the school confirming the language they teach in and the length of time the student was enrolled in the school, with an appropriate signature from a senior person in a leadership role.



  • documents

    1) CV;

    2) Original Transcript and Diploma of the highest Degree;

    3) Passport size photos, passport copy;

    4) Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form;

    5) No Criminal Record Certificate;

    6) English or HSK Proficiency certificates (if any);

    7) Originals or copies of academic publication, patent, and other academic achievements (if any).

    Note: It is not mandatory to send copies of application materials to BUCT.

  • apply
    Create and submit your application online via our online portal. Please note applications submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.You can save your application and come back to it at a later time, so we advise you to start early. Download our guidefor step-by-step instructionson filling in the application.

after you apply

  • Document review;

    Online interview;

    Admission announcement(All accepted applicants will be informed via Email;

    Receive the admission Letter and JW201/JW202 form by DHL;

    Apply for student VISA (X VISA) at Chinese Embassy or Consulate General;

    Prepare to submit the original of all materials and submit them at the time of registration;

    Pay the tuition fee;


    Note: All accepted applicants will be informed via Email.



    International Students Office

    School of International Education

    Beijing University of Chemical Technology

    No. 15 Bei San Huan East Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing, 100029